May half term

This was the second half term in a row which I have been away windsurfing for the duration of the holiday. It all started with UKWA cup 2 Christchurch. This was a hard event for me because in the first day I managed to get an OCS and I had to retire from one race because I missed the bouy. In the races I did do I got all 1st and one 2nd luckily the UKWA race crew managed to get enough races in for a second discard meaning I would win. On the first day the wind was very strong and the waves were moderately big, on the second day it was light winds and flat seas. After the event we left Christchurch for Weymouth where I did 4 days training on the 8.5m sail.



This camp was good for getting some more time with the bigger sail and practice what is fast on it and what isn’t. This was a residential camp we worked hard, learnt lots and had great fun.

Next stop was Français where I would do a three day interleague in Lorient. We had a overnight ferry crossing and a two hour drive from Roscoff to lorient and when we arrived we were treated with warm sunshine. We went out for some training in the afternoon from when we arrived and after I went out foiling and had a great time.


The first day racing was windy and very wavy this made for some tricky racing. My results from the first day were three 1st, I was very pleased with this because I usually do better in the lighter winds than the strong winds. The second day was very light winds but also very sunny, the waves were still quite big and I think some of my fellow English sailors got a bit sea sick. In these races I got two 1st and a 2nd which I was also very pleased with. The last day was less sunny than the rest and we were racing closer in shore which meant the waves were very messy and this meant it was a lot harder sailing. The first race was strongish winds and the second race was very windy and after that it got so windy that they sent us in. In those two races I got two 3rd, overall that put me in first position. I was very happy about how I sailed over the three days  considering the racing and camp beforehand. We got a ferry home the next day and it was not a pleasant ride as the waves were huge, the first hour and a half were very exciting but after that it was not so exciting and a bit boring.

The may half term in general was very enjoyable and I learnt a lot now I am going to have to revise for my exams in one weeks time.